Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pre-school

Elinore started Calvert pre-school today.

She had an appointment with a developmental pediatrician yesterday who said Elinore does not have autism according to the new proposed DSM definitions. She also said Elinore is smarter than I give her credit for.

So, Elinore started Pre-K today.

We introduced the idea of school, already familiar because Hannah does school. We started with Opening. This included prayer, Bible story, salute the flag, and News, also known as Show and Tell. She did a great job! I asked her a few questions about her breakfast, and she was able to tell me about it.

We read Peter Rabbit. We covered in and out for Reading Readiness. She colored a picture of her own choosing, and she drew an E. We played Go In and Out the Windows, accompanied by the song on her CD. She completed the whole day with flying colors. I am so proud!

My goal is currently to complete 3 lessons per week, as she is a little young, only 3 1/2, not 4. Also, she has 2-4 therapies a week. I want to be flexible.

No comments:

Post a Comment