Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Not Back to School Bloghop

So, don't tell my husband, but I visited over 250 blogs on the "Not Back to School" bloghop. Now, normally, I don't have that kind of time, but the stars aligned, and I just skimmed most of them, and now I have a few observations to share.
  • I didn't see anyone else using Calvert. I know lots of people use Calvert, but on this particular bloghop, there was mostly eclectic I-can-put-together-my-own-curriculum homeschoolers with a chunk of Sonlighters, ABeka,  and a few My Father's World and Winter Promise users thrown in for good measure.
  • A math program I am unfamiliar with, Life of Fred, kept popping up.
  • Tot school by Carissa came up a lot.
  • All kinds of families homeschool, one parent, two parents, one kid, seven kids, everything in between, families with multiples, families with multiple multiples, and kids with special needs.
  • Almost all the families include Bible and religious studies, but only Catholics and one Mormon family openly admit to a specific denomination. I wonder why?
  • I love pictures of Box Day. I highly recommend putting your year's curriculum in a box and letting the student open it. Even if it's used.
  • Most moms (I didn't notice any dad bloggers) admit to enjoying the perusing, choosing, and planning of the school year. A few admit to flying by the seat of their pants because they don't like planning. I did not know these people really existed.
  • Almost everyone admitted to plans being subject to change.
And now I have saved my readers from looking at 250 blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment