Sunday, July 24, 2011

In Which Jeffrey Makes a Discovery

I adamantly insisted one can't use laundry detergent in the carpet steamer. Jeff insisted on asking Google, and even though it was just average people claiming laundry detergent is acceptable, as opposed to professional cleaners or the websites run by, say, Bissell, I was just too under the weather ( hundred degree weather) to insist I was right.

I was wrong.

Jeff used hot water to dilute the cheap but free-of-dyes-and-perfumes (all the littlies have sensitive skin) laundry detergent. Then he sprinkled it on the carpet and used a scrub brush on the high traffic areas, and used the solution in the machine, and we have the cleanest carpets ever. The carpet is still damp (in hundred degree weather?) but sooo clean. By the end of cleaning, he just scrubbed the whole carpet with the cleaner and the brush, and used clean water in the steamer till the water actually rinsed clear. Wow. The difference is amazing. And Elinore's feet aren't so dirty anymore.

I am sorry, sweetie, that I gave you such a hard time about the laundry detergent. You were right. I love you.

2 comments: