Saturday, July 2, 2011

Loot From The Book Thing

I feel like a thief. I kept a closer eye than usual on my bags of books, lest anyone try to stop me, because I found Saxon Kindergarten Phonics, and Saxon Phonics 1 Teacher's Manuals at The Book Thing. Now, don't be hatin' because I have a book thing, and maybe you don't or maybe you've just never been there. But today, we came home with 102 books, all free, on the bus.The Saxon manuals are normally over $50 each, and yes, they are in used condition, but they didn't cost us anything (except bus fare). And last time I picked up Saxon Math Kindergarten. Now you are asking yourself, That's only 2 books, what about the other 100 books? We got:

11 Bible commentaries
13 Homeschooling and parenting books
28 Books for Jeff
14 Books for Hannah
12 Books for Elinore
2 for Caitlin
18 workbooks and textbooks, icluding like new Explode the Code

The two missing items are a CD Rom about Williamsburg and an unused red folder. My favorite picks today are the Explode the Code Books (levels 5, 6, and 7), but Hannah is past them, and it will be a few years before Elinore is ready for them. Plus, I picked up 3 sets of them because they were such a good bargain. If people actually started to read this blog, I would host a giveaway! I love to share.

If Jeffy wasn't sleeping off the effects of his haul, I'd ask him to post some pictures of the bounty. So I have to say, congratulations, Not Inadequate, you did a great job getting new books, but looky what I got!

3 comments:

  1. I've heard about the Book Thing, but never been. Where is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to go again! The neighborhood is called Waverly and you travel down North Ave. to Greenmount and make a left. A mile or so up that street is a little side street you make a left on called Vineyard. You want to get there early because that's when they have the best selection. There are 2 lg. rooms, 1 med. room, and 1 small room of free books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's only open on weekends, the kids books are in totes on the floor so they can look through them easily, and if you need a tour guide so you don't get lost, I am actually kind of on the way, so I am volunteering to go with you!

    ReplyDelete